November 1, 8 am-5 pm
- Minnesota Society of CPAs
1650 West 82nd Street, Suite 600
Bloomington, MN 55431
Google Map »
PACT members: $150.00 $125.00 Non-members: $175.00 $125.00Early bird pricing ends September 15, 2017.
Workshop Overview and Objectives:
Welcome to the “8-Hour MicroLearning Challenge”! Where after 8 hours of diligent work and hands-on coaching you will leave with a Microlearning Project plan to use as a foundation to bring effective MicroLearning to your organization.
Once upon a time, people used to learn primarily in the classroom. It was here people would listen to the "sage on the stage" and fall asleep over endless PowerPoint presentations. Now, in today's' modern learning environment information and skill development is at our fingertips.
Our role in today's modern learning age is to reach the modern learner and supply them with the knowledge and information needed to get the job done – when they need it. The challenge, however is how to start and make changes to accelerate learning in micro ways and stop just pushing content production.
Enter microlearning. Too often learning solutions are solely focused on the classroom or long, bloated elearning modules when a more immediate solution is required. The time is ripe to help the new worker. Rapid business change, popularity of mobile devices, availability of apps and advances or shifts in technology are creating favorable environments for microlearning.
Be the L&D department that truly supports the needs of the business and the worker, making you a business partner and a credible resource for your organization. Knowing how to plan, create and implement performance support tools and microlearning content should be the goal of the modern learning professional. It's time to take learning to the next level.
With Shannon, you will use the Learning Rebels 3D model for developing microlearning. On this day you will receive critical strategy planning information and work with tools to help you develop impactful microlearning content.
Important questions will be answered:
- What is microlearning?
- How to apply microlearning in your organization?
- How microlearning can support the adult psychological learning process
- When would microlearning content be deemed appropriate?
- What tools do I need to make microlearning happen for the people in my business?
- How to support your macro content with micro learning elements.
What you will take away:
- The ability to apply a microlearning strategy within your organizations. Specifically applying 3D model of microlearning: "Discover, Develop, and Deliver”.
- The ability to identify how microlearning can close the knowledge/skill gap
- The ability to determine which micro-modality is best for the worker need
- A rapid prototype of a basic project concept, setting the foundation to build your own microlearning element from inception to implementation
- Tools, checklists, and templates - being able to create microlearning content and objects related to video, audio, and other virtual media
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As Owner of Learning Rebels, Shannon Tipton is a skilled learning strategist with over 20 years of leadership experience developing successful infrastructures for training departments across North America, Europe, and Korea. Shannon gets ridiculously excited to work with training teams and organizations to develop learning solutions to achieve applicable business results. Recognized as bringing real-world expertise into the learning field, Shannon integrates learning technologies and microlearning tools to strengthen workplace alignment, and increase learning connectivity. As author of “Disruptive Learning” Shannon frequently speaks at conferences across North America and Europe. Shannon’s blog “Learning Rebels” is in the top 100 elearning blogs and has recently been named as a top 100 elearning Mover and Shaker. Shannon can be found at learningrebels.com.