September 8, 8:30 am-11 am
- The Metropolitan Ballroom & Clubroom
5418 Wayzata Boulevard
Golden Valley, MN 55416
Google Map »
Learning and Development (L&D) specialists constantly search for new and more effective ways to meet the needs of their organizations; focusing on developing employees and emergent leaders for future roles, opportunities and challenges.
But how does an organization develop the necessary skills the future demands?
Organizations are just beginning to scratch the potential Peer Learning Groups can bring to the L&D table. These groups transfer the responsibility for learning outcomes to the student. Research shows that when this occurs; a more intense, long-lasting and engaging learning environment emerges. Plus, this learning format better aligns with the social learning aptitude millennials are familiar with and crave.
This program will explore:
• How organizations can effectively develop, deploy and integrate Peer Learning Groups
• Where they can be most effectively utilized
• How they can be used in combination with traditional training resources
• Tools that can be used to guide the process
Rod Johnson is founder and president of Growing Your Leaders, a talent and leadership development firm. As a Peer Group consultant and keynote speaker, Rod works with organizations helping them understand and leverage Peer Groups with their leadership teams and in their organization.